DISC BD Series solves your archiving issues
Store your financial records, x-ray photographs, law files, document scans,
HD videos, CCTV footage etc. for the next 50+ years on a reliable, easy-toaccess,
flexible and long-life standard media for a reasonable price – with
- Modular design from 2 TB-35 TB
- Individual configurations
- Pay as you grow
- SmartPackTM – technology for flexible and infinite capacity
Data security and compatibility
- Downward compatibility from BD to DVD and CD
- Extreme reliability and fast access through Blu-ray® technology
- Maintenance-free operation and long-term data integrity for decades
- Standard components and media
Worldwide first TÜV-certification
- TÜV certified lowest energy consumption
- Environmentally friendly through significant reduction of your
IT’s carbon footprint
- Less space than a water cooler: 35 TB need only 0,25 sqm
Professional optical libraries for compliant storage
DISC BD Series is designed to grow with your data base and provide you
with an extremely reliable archiving solution on standard media.
The DISC BD Series is a modular design product family using the Blu-ray®
technology with up to 50 Gigabyte (GB) per media.
DISC BD Series ensures an economic lifetime of optical standard media
with 20 times longer than backup on hard disk drives, while the power consumption
is a small fraction of a standard HDD-backup.
The DISC SmartPack™-Technology combines hot swap capability with the
best protection against scratches, dust, shock, light and x-rays.
All DISC BD Series can be easily integrated into your existing network via
a wide range of connectivity options.
- Compatible with standard PC drives
- Multiple LVD busses
- Built-in diagnostics
- Redundant power supply
- Fits 19-inch standard racks and cabinets
- Wide range of WORM and rewritable media with
a transfer rate up to 216 MB/sec. (˜ 18 TB/day!)
- Engineered and manufactured in Germany
- Direct attach (LVD) support for Windows, Mac, Linux and Unix versions and Novell NetWare
- Network attach support through NAS, SAN, iSCSI over IP or Fibre Channel
- Tape Emulation Appliance
- Connects to virtually any application via file systems or APIs with transparent access to optical libraries.
- Storage management options: HSM, mirroring and read/write cache settings using UDF and other file systems.
- Media can be managed in WORM or rewritable volume sets containing single or multiple physical media with spanning and dynamic expansion options.
- A/V production
- Archiving & Backup
- Broadcasting & Entertainment
- Law Enforcement & Judiciary
- Libraries & Museums
RAS (best values in industry)
low / mide /
||< 20 min